Over the last several weeks there have been increasing numbers in active
COVID-19 cases in the communities surrounding the PCN, with a number of
communities placed under a watch. To be under a COVID-19 watch means
there is more than 50 active cases per 100,000 people.
For our communities, Edmonton-Northgate is experiencing the worst of the local spike, where the rate is 117.7 per 100,000 people, followed by Edmonton-Northeast at 96.7 per 100,000 and Edmonton – Castle Downs 83.7 per 100,000.
We recognize this could cause some concern when you are attending appointments at the PCN but we want you to rest assured, we have put a number of safety measures in place to keep you safe when attending your appointments, whether or not there is a spike in cases in our community.
- Masking is required for all appointments (both patients and clinicians).
- Screening of all patients at time of booking and on the day of their appointment.
- Staff complete a daily COVID-19 assessment to ensure they are healthy and able to come to work.
- Plexi-glass has been installed at reception.
- Physical distancing is enforced in the lobby by removing chairs or blocking chairs.
- To help with physical distancing, we are asking patients to wait in their cars at Northgate until they are called for their appointment.
- Increased time between appointments to allow clinicians to clean the rooms before the next patient.
- Increased cleaning of commonly touched spaces and areas.
- Continuing to offer virtual appointments.
All of these protocols and safety measures that we have in place will continue to keep patients safe, whether or not we see increasing COVID-19 cases. If you have any questions about the specific COVID-19 protocols the PCN has, please talk to your clinician.Back to the blog