We know that coming to a new country and leaving your home can be very scary. Here at the PCN we want to make the transition as easy as possible, when it comes to healthcare. We are working closely with Alberta Health Services (AHS), who is overseeing the coordination of healthcare services for refugees. There are 55 doctors within the Edmonton North PCN geographic area who are accepting refugee patients.
AHS has created a great website: www.ahs.ca/refugees, which is available in both English and Arabic. This site has information for both physicians and those refugees who are looking for healthcare support.
Below are links to websites we think are helpful if you are a refugee new to the city, looking for healthcare advice:
– Information for Refugees – in Arabic – http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/aboutus/ahs-fhc-language-arabic.pdf
– Information for Refugees – in English – http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/options/Page11972.aspx
Also, here are links that could be helpful if you are a healthcare provider:
– Providing care for Syrian refugees and billing information –
– Information for healthcare professionals on the Interim Federal Health Program – http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/outside/arriving-healthcare/practitioners.asp
– Demographics and health characteristics of Syrian Refugees –
– Immigrant and refugee womans cultural health practices –
If you are looking for additional infomration, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to the blog