The Edmonton North Primary Care Network (PCN) is made up of doctors and healthcare professionals working together to improve community health. Opened in 2007, Edmonton North PCN is one of 40 Primary Care Networks operating across the province.
We have two locations:
1038 Northgate Centre, 9499 – 137 Ave
Rundle Health Centre
3427 – 118 Ave
Improving community health
Each PCN is shaped by the family doctors who practice in the area and Alberta Health Services (AHS), ensuring they best serve patient needs. The Government of Alberta provides the funding for PCN services. All PCN services are free to patients.
- We have cared for thousands of patients since opening in 2007, achieving high satisfaction rates among patients.
- Our member doctors report high satisfaction with our programs and services, helping them focus on patient care and increasing their ability to accept new patients.
- We are constantly seeking improved links to specialists and enhanced processes to reduce waiting times.
The purpose of the Edmonton North PCN is to work together with family doctors and their patients to build a healthier community. Everything we do, all of our programs and services available to our member doctors and patients are guided by that purpose.
Primary Care Networks across the province provide services that best meet the needs of their patient populations. With this being said, provincial objectives were set for all PCNs. These are:
- Accountable & Effective Governance – Establish clear & effective governance roles, structures & processes that support shared accountability & the evolution of primary healthcare delivery.
- Strong Partnerships & Transitions of Care – Coordinate, integrate & partner with health services & other social services across the continuum of care.
- Health Needs of the Community and Population – Plan service delivery on high quality assessments of the community’s needs through community engagement and assessment of appropriate evidence.
- Patient’s Medical Home – Implement patient’s medical home to ensure Albertans have access to the right services through the establishment of interdisciplinary teams that provide comprehensive primary care.
Becoming a Member – For Family Physicians
Are you a family doctor/general practitioner practicing in North Edmonton and would like to join the PCN, please contact Suzanne Wiebe, Quality Improvement Coordinator at 780.446.3786 or firstname.lastname@example.org.